Sunday 1 November 2015

Beamish


Beamish is a open air museum that focus mainly on the Victorian times. I travelled to Beamish to get an idea of how everything worked in the past and get some more inspiration for my sketch book and alternative sketch book.

Here are some of the images I took:

These are from the pit village, where the mining took place




























These pictures are from the town which includes shops and houses. So compared to the pit village it more upper class so the style is very different.

























Going to Beamish was really helpful its given me lots of idea for final pieces and more sketch book pages because its shown me what it was actually like in Victorian times for two different classes of society. I'm going to look at the houses and decor in the inside and maybe draw some images from the photos I have taken. I also took lots of photos of text so that I can create a title sequence inspired by Ripper Street and the film series Sherlock Holmes.
Here is a link to the Beamish web site http://www.beamish.org.uk/  

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fantastic Eleanor.... Super styling! Great research at Beamish. Good work, Lady.

    ReplyDelete