Thursday 12 November 2015

Ian Murphy Development

Ian Murphy is an artist I have looked at in my sketch book. He painting are done using graphite, oil paint and mixed media.











I tested 3D medium to create this mixed media effect. To make the 3D medium spread easily I mixed it with emulsion paint. I then used a heat gun to make it bubble up and become 3D.









I then used 3D medium on a larger scale, I put it in certain areas to make some pieces more 3D than others. I then used watercolour instead of oil paint. I used darker shades to make it fit in to my theme of Gothic Victorian, I also choose to paint a window inspired by one of Ian Murphy's paintings. I enjoyed developing Ian Murphy's idea into my own style and materials and I also enjoyed using 3D medium for the first time, its defiantly something I will use again.

No comments:

Post a Comment